For the first time mentioned in documents of notarial 1271. Often also appears in subsequent contracts. From these we learn that in 1348 was infantry fief and belonged to the lawyer and poet Stephen Sachliki he inherited from his father, which lived there until the end of his life, having guzzled all the other property.
Since then the encounter in all subsequent censuses from 1577 onwards. Etymologically the name is derived from the Byzantine «modion» (unit of weight, length and area), which leads to the assertion that this is a village of the second Byzantine period and perhaps oldest.
The current village is rich in production of wine (grapes, wine, raki), but also other agricultural products, such as olive, vegetables etc.
In the village there is a beautiful Venetian fountain with the coat of arms of the House of Veneti Nobilli (Venetian nobles), Querini is considered a monument of the prettiest of the 15th century.
The visitor of the village allow culinary delights with local and fresh products in focal store that works, while in Vila Irini enjoys a quiet and nice stay with amenities and beauty it provides.
The main churches of Agios Nikolaos and is the patron saint of Agia Paraskevi, where celebrated the annual Festival on July 26, in an area with rich vegetation. In the same area the summer organised cultural events.
The village's cultural Association organizes important events of varying content with conferences, seminars and weekend, esperides, cultivation practices, children's theatrical performances and games and other cultural activities.