The Folklore Museum of Ano Asites is dedicated to the last stone of the village builders, Charalambos Anogeiannakis, John Charalambakis and Evangelos Chronakis. At halls represented a traditional Cretan House with living room, bedroom, kitchen and storeroom, where rescued earlier tools, such as the wooden plough, but also kasones for stones that were used by the inhabitants of the village to build their homes. At this point, it is worth noting that in Ano Asites dominates the stone, which makes it so special the village.
The building, which hosted today the Folklore Museum of Ano Asites was built in 1880 and from 1920 to 1975 resided there the family Michael and Catherine Agiomyrgianakis. About twenty years ago founded the cultural association Ano Asites who immediately began to develop intense activity and decided, in 1995, to buy the building in order to house the Museum that would keep alive the manners and customs of the village. The project was funded in 2000 by the Leader programme. The design and supervision of the project was the architect, Iraklis Pyrikakis. Beside the Museum is a place, where it is thought to House an extension in order to accommodate all the exhibits. The collection, however, daily enriched since many villagers wishing to offer their own part in the Club's effort.
The Club still has one room, with a capacity of about 150 people, which sits a few feet above the Museum and performs all the events there of, such as theatrical performances.
The Ano Asites accept around thirty thousand tourists every year while the Museum is visited by more than five thousand.